Low Cost Advertising : 3 Top Strategies How To Create Banner Ads
Those days before we used internet on a regular basis, banner advertising involved cloth, PVC or paper where business advertised their products or services and was always located at strategic positions where people were expected to see it.
Well times have changed where we are seeing how internet is revolutionizing business and how they are reaching their customers.
Banner advertising nowadays refers to the image or pictorial representations put up on websites that are meant to attract people to the business offering products or services. Businesses have the alternative of using plain text or even adding pictures which are static or animated so that they are attracting visitors to their websites or blogs.
Low cost advertising like Banner Advertising is one of the most cost effective methods of advertising, reaching and capturing the attention of customers and prospects.
In the previous blog we addressed the importance of creating a killer banner which should draw and hold the attention of your customers and prospects. We emphasized the importance of the banner size, the location where you will be running your advertising campaign – billboards of the internet and whether it should be static or animated.
In this article we want to look at how appropriate banner advertising is for business and where are the best banner advertising locations available:
How appropriate are banner ads for business?:
Depending on what you want to achieve, there are several points you need to take into consideration when considering using banner ads to promote your business:
- What are your long term and short term goals and are they profitable enough to justify the amount of funds you want to spend on advertising?
- Do you already have an internet presence? Do you have an online business?
- Do you have some tracking system in place so that you are monitoring the success or failures of your ads?
The tracking record is one issue that should be taken seriously as you want to know just how many impressions you want to purchase for your advertising and how much money you want to spend for your total advertising campaign.
Once you have decided on your advertising campaign which you want to be displayed everywhere in the internet, it is important that you do some decide on:
- The Geographical Targeting – whether you want it to appear locally, nationally or internationally again depending on your online activities.
- Demographic Targeting is to some extend important especially if you have done market segmentation where you want to target a specific group for a specific product or service.
- You need to also have a monitoring system where you are able to see how many impressions has been served, the number of clicks received right up to the Click Through Rate (CTR) and how many of those have converted to sales – your sales conversion rate.
Banners Gone Wild
I have created this as an ongoing event that will introduce your own Facebook Timeline to more people than ever before at one time, unless you’ve bought a lot of advertising.
Yes I know it have never been done before, and yes it is a little wild and maybe for some people reckless
Most important it is free and there will be impressions to be won for best banners or most active team players:
Here’s how it works:
I’ve created an open Facebook Event called “Banners Gone Wild.”
- Everybody shares a link to their Facebook Page using their Timeline Photo.
- Everybody likes everybody else’s Page.
- Every Friday’s, I will pick the best team player and the best timeline and give the winners free of charge impressions for promoting their banners worldwide, locally, national or internationally.
- Every Monday morning I will publish a huge “Banners Gone Wild″ post with everybody’s picture and a link to their Page on my website.
- The post will go out to well over 100,000 people even if it doesn’t go viral.
Go over to the Facebook Fanpage at Banners Gone Wild, leave us a copy of your timeline photo and of course remember to tell us something about your business. Remember to like other people’s pages and let them know that you have given them a like. Play fair – we all want to have a share of the business success cake.
Social tagging: advertising > banners broker > entrepreneur > home business > mlsp > MyLeadSystemPro > newspaper > offline > online