How To Host Successful Twitter Community Chats : 3 Easy Step By Step Guide
I’ve just discovered that it is possible for you to create a twitter community and hold chat sessions as events with the aim of interacting with your fans and followers. This is the best way of growing your community quickly, enabling you to promote your brand and business.
Now I’m not one of those Twitter Gurus so I will try to explain this step by step and also please do watch the video and see how I am creating a brand new community and start an event.
The Hashtag Key #:
The magic key here is the hashtag key # which allows you to follow the discussions and participate in it. This is where I want to watch the twitter chats recurring and aim to connect regularly with like-minded people.
Step #1 is to familiarize yourself before you start creating your own Twitter Chat Community. I have been participating at a few Twitter chats which are related to my niche and I used the Google Spreadsheet which was generated by Robert Swanwick. Here is where I researched for topics which I thought would be of interest and relevance to my business.
I came across another powerful tool which is Twebevent which you can see to track upcoming Twitter chats and communities. I’m not 100% conversant with it, but again I’m working on mastering it.
Step #2 Planning
You have now been following twitters that you found relevant to your niche and business, it’s now time to start planning to set up your own community and event:
- Research to find a suitable Hashtag because it is this that will pull your crowd together. Make sure you decide on a unique key is not nasty or insulting, but which associates with the business you are building.
- Keep It Short and Simple so that people can remember it easily and that draws the crowd.
- It should be easy to type. I have learnt from experience that it is better to avoid double letters, symbols etc.
Step #3 Organize Event
Jump in the cold water and create your event. Be sure that you decide on the
time and date because this will be difficult to change. Deciding on time and date is difficult, but I guess it’s a process which with time you will be able to access after hosting several events
- Your event should be unique and standing out in the crowd – so avoid using or copying other people’s event
- Send your event viral by sharing the information on other social sites and giving people when possible details on how to find you
- Create for reference a timetable of all the well-known Twitter chats as you want to find which is the best day and time to run your own.
In the next article we will look at how to announce and promote twitter chats, how to be an admin and the importance of getting moderators to help you run your new community.
In the meantime Join MyLeadSystemPro On Trial Basis For Only $9,97 and Get Instant Unlimited Access and enjoy:
- The MyLeadSystem Pro Back Office
- Never Before Released “Conquer The Internet” DVD Delivered to Your Doorstep
- The Complete Marketer’s War Chest (8 Fantastic Free Bonuses)
- 14 Days 100% Money Back Guarantee (minus shipping & handling costs)
Social tagging: # > chats > community > event > google spreadsheet > hashtag > twebevent > tweetchat > twitter